The global Medical Connectors market accounted for USD 2552.8 Million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 3855.7 Million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 5.1% from 2021 to 2028, according to market analysts at Zion Market Research.
Rising demand for medical connectors owing to increasing incidence of chronic diseases coupled with technological innovations will drive the growth of this market over the forecast period (2016 – 2030).
REQUEST SAMPLE OF MEDICAL CONNECTORS MARKET REPORT
Basics about Medical Connectors
A medical connector is a type of connection in which the airway, liquid or gas can be conveyed from one device to another. These connectors are used for facilitating the flow of fluids, gases and other medical liquids and are available in many different forms. They are generally used in the medical field where different devices like oxygen masks, medication pumps and anesthesia machines need to be connected with one another.
Based on type of connectors, the global market for medical connectors has been segmented into: Caps & Closures, Cannulas & IV Catheters, Syringes & Needles Connectors and Wires & Tubing. Caps & Closures are the most widely used in this market as they provide a safe way of covering sharp objects like syringes etc thereby eliminating chances of injuries during handling these connectors.
Applications of Medical Connectors
The most common application for medical connectors is in the medical field. Technological improvements, such as the invention of disposable connectors, have led to an increased number of new devices using these connectors. Medical Connectors are used in:
- bandages containing a needle to prevent leakage of fluids or air;
- medical tubing made of flexible polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and covered with cotton fabric that is wrapped around a patient’s arm during intravenous therapy;
- suction catheters and watertight PVC tubes used in nursing homes and hospitals for suctioning excess fluid from a patient’s lungs or stomach;
- a device used by surgeons to control the flow of fluids into and out of the body for surgery.
Different types of Medical Connectors
- Flat Surgical Silicone Cables
- Embedded Electronics Connectors
- Radio-Frequency Connectors
- Disposable Plastic Connectors
- Hybrid Circular Connectors And Receptacle System
- Power Cords With Retention System
- Lighted Hospital-Grade Cords
- Magnetic Medical Connectors
- Push-Pull Connectors
Market Research Report Focus Areas
- Market overview
- Research scope and methodology
- Key findings from the report
- Market drivers and restraints
- Emerging trends, products and technologies
In a nutshell
Medical Connectors are used for connecting different devices in the medical field. They can be found in a variety of forms and serve a number of purposes, including providing safe ways to cover sharp objects like syringes without increasing injury risk. The global Medical Connectors market accounted for USD 2552.8 Million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 3855.7 Million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 5.1% from 2021 to 2028 due to rising demand as well as technological innovation.