Petrobras sells the concession of a block in the Potiguar basin

The sale price is US $ 750,000. Photo: Fernando Frazão / Agência Brasil

Petrobras announced on Monday (27) that it had signed a contract for the sale of the entire BT-POT-55A concession, located in the Potiguar basin, in the state of Rio Grande do Norte, with Sonangol. The sale price is US $ 750,000, of which US $ 150,000 paid on Monday and US $ 600,000 payable on closing.

The amounts do not take into account the adjustments due until the closing of the operation, which remains conditional on the fulfillment of conditions such as the approval of the National Agency for Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (ANP).

According to Petrobras, the transaction “is aligned with the strategy of portfolio management and improving the allocation of capital of the company, aimed at maximizing value and a better return for the company”. The state-owned company informs that “it continues to increasingly focus its resources on deep and ultra-deep water assets, where it has shown a great competitive advantage over the years, producing better quality oil and with less greenhouse gas emissions “.

The BT-POT-55A concession was acquired in 2006 during the 7th call for bids for blocks, carried out by the ANP. Petrobras holds 70% of the capital and Sonangol, operator of the concession, the remaining 30%. The consortium drilled two wells in the area, one of which is a gas discoverer and the other for delineation.

Related Articles

Back to top button